Here are a few reasons, drawn from Scripture, why Christians should engage in apologetics:-
- Apologetics is a biblical command, 1 Peter 3:15.
- Christians are to contend for the faith, Jude 3.
- Christians are to pull down strongholds that stand against Christ, 2 Corinthians 10:4.
- Christians are to eliminate doubts in the mind of the convert, 2 Corinthians 10:5.
- Christians are to give a reason for their hope in Christ, 1 Peter 3:15.
- False doctrines and ideas should be addressed, Titus 1:9-11.
- Without evidence it is unreasonable to believe, Luke 24:39; Hebrews 11:6. God gave evidence of his existence and nature in creation, Romans 1:19-21.
- Jesus, Paul, and others engaged in apologetics, Matthew 22; Acts 17; 18:24-28.
Based on House & Holden, Charts of Apologetics and Christian Evidences.