Moving into a large city can be a confusing experience. Having a reliable guide can make all the difference.
Peter Mead suggests some ways in which the preacher could be an effective Bible tour guide. Here’s a summary:-
- Guide in such a way that the people learn to find their own way around during the week.
- Show the overall lie of the land, as well as the key landmarks.
- Put in fascinating details that bring out the sense and the colour of the big picture.
- Know when to go to the major landmark and when to point out the minor detail.
- Have a genuine love for the place.