Paul told the Corinthian believers
- to hand the incestuous person over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh (1 Cor. 5:5)
- that husbands and wives should not deprive one another sexually lest Satan tempt them because of their lack of self-control (1 Cor. 7:7)
- that they should reinstate the presumably repentant offender so that Satan might not outwit us (2 Cor. 2:11)
- that Satan masquerades as angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14)
- and that the apostle himself was given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment him so as to prevent him from becoming conceited (2 Cor.