1. Since God created the world, we have ample demonstration of God’s divinity, Jer 10:11; Acts 17:24. None but God can create. Two books God has written which are sufficient to leave all without excuse: creation, Rom 1:20, and conscience, Rom 2:15. Every star in the sky, every bird that flies, is a witness against unbelief.
2. Since God created the world, we have a mighty assurance for our faith. What cannot our Creator-God do? Ps 124:8. He can do things which to us are impossible: he can soften a hard heart; he can purify the unclean heart. The same God who called forth light out of darkness shines in our hearts the light of redemption.
3. Since God created the world ‘very good’, then we learn to hate sin, which has wreaked so much ruin. ‘Sin has much eclipsed the beauty, soured the sweetness, and marred the harmony of the world.’ (Watson) Sin has brought sorrow, toil, thorns, banishment, and death, Gen 3:17ff.
4. Since God created the world, then we will find even more beauty and sweetness in the Creator than in the creation. If we find much excellence in the things of this world, how much more in him who made them all?
5. Since God created the world, then study creation and observe God’s works in it. Science is both necessary and possible, because there is a creator, whose works can be observed and have been invested with design and purpose, Ps 104:24.
6. Since God created the world, let us give him our obedience, for we have been made by God, and we belong to him, Acts 17:28.
7. Since God created the world, and made us out of dust, then let us be humble, Gen 3:19.
8. Since God created the world, and our souls in his own image, let us not rest until God’s image has been restored, Col 3:10; Eph 4:24.