This entry is part 4 of 10 in the series: Teaching Techniques of Jesus (Horne)
We have noted before that Jesus asked a lot of questions.
What were his reasons for doing so?
- To make people think
- To learn (Lk 8:30)
- To express emotion (Mt 12:34; Lk 5:22f; Jn 3:10)
- To introduce a story
- To follow up a story
- To recall what was already known (Mk 2:25f)
- To away the conscience (Mt 23:17)
- To clarify a situation (Mk 10:3)
- To rebuke (Mk 2:25f)
- To place people in a dilemma (Mt 21:25-27; 22:45f; Mk 3:4; Lk 6:9; 14:5f)
Based on Horne, Teaching Techniques of Jesus, p48f.