A student won first prize at a Science Fair.
He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of everything in our environment. In his project he urged people to sign a petition demanding strict control or a total ban on the chemical “dihydrogen monoxide.”
And for plenty of good reasons, since:
- It can cause excessive sweating and vomiting.
- It is a major component in acid rain.
- It can cause severe burns in its gaseous state.
- Accidental inhalation can kill you.
- It decreases the effectiveness of car brakes.
- It has been found in tumours of terminal cancer patients.
He asked 50 people if they supported a ban of the chemical. Forty-three said yes, six were undecided, and only one knew that the chemical was H20 (water).
The title of his prize winning project was, “How Gullible Are We?” He feels the conclusion is obvious.
(Source, lightly edited)
‘A simple man believes anything.’ (Proverbs 14:15)